PRE-CONFERENCE MASTER CLASS & SITE VISIT
9:45 am - 1:30 pm MASTER CLASS: Effective Project Financial Planning to Increase Plan, Build & Operational SuccessDavid Pinto, PE - Managing Principal R.G. Vanderweil Engineers, LLP
Let’s face it, even the most seasoned lab design, build, and operations professional could benefit from enhancing their financial project management skills.
Exceptional financial project management is not just a skill, but an art form that takes years to master, so join us to get a leg up on the process.
In this extended session, we will discuss:
- How to develop an accurate yet agile project budget
- The art of follow-up so to ensure your project is moving along as planned, on-time and on-budget
- How to integrate your existing equipment with new equipment (and technologies) - so to lower your upfront and long-term budgetary spends
- How to measure, track, and benchmark a variety of design layout options - so to ensure you meet your project’s intended financial goals
* Boxed lunches provided to all Workshop attendees, as a working lunch.
David Pinto, PEManaging Principal
R.G. Vanderweil Engineers, LLP
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm REGISTRATION FOR SITE TOUR
1:00 am - 4:30 am SITE TOUR: Architectural Tour of the Cleveland Clinic Robert J. Tomsich Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Institute
Join us for a unique walking tour of the prestigious Cleveland Clinic Robert J. Tomsich Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Institute. Located at the intersection of Cleveland’s Health Tech Corridor and Opportunity Corridor we will discuss the key architectural and urban design features of the building that made it a Cleveland AIA design award winner. Designed from the lab bench outward this we will offer your curious design, construction, and operational minds with lots of inspiration which to drive innovation into your own design projects.
This tour will take you on a journey through one of the most innovative and exciting clinical laboratories in the country. You will learn about the various design layouts, technologies, engineering, and lean principles that enabled this building to achieve LEED Gold Certification.